Securing an email account is of paramount importance because if an email account is vulnerable to hacks, then the user owning that email account will have to remain ready to see all its data getting into the hands of hackers and spammers. But, if the user wants to secure his/her email account, then he/she will have to follow certain steps, which you can find at RR Email Login website.
While you may find a number of blogs and articles on how to secure and protect Gmail, MS Outlook, Yahoo and Windows Live email. But, nobody will discuss how to secure and protect a business class email, especially Roadrunner email. But, this is exactly what we are going to do today. If your email account has already been compromised, then you will have to change the password of your email account along with the security question. Data can also be tracked through the security question that you have set. So, change the security question and add the answer that you could also remember in future.
Important: Your TWC email password needs to be strong, i.e., it should be a mix of numbers, alphabets (in small and block letters) and special characters. Moreover, refrain from using your mobile number or date of birth because that information can be easily retrieved.
Let us now discuss in detail the process of how to secure your RR email. The main role in securing your email is played by the password for the email account.
- Change the password frequently: Make a habit of changing the password of your RR email after a couple of weeks. You can set a reminder of the same. It is a good habit to change passwords after a certain period of time in order to safeguard your email account.
- Don’t keep the same password: If you have more than one email account, then you should use different passwords for different email accounts. If the hacker has information about your other accounts as well, then it will be easier for him/her to sneak into those accounts by entering the password. So, keep a different password for all your email accounts.
- Select a strong password: As I mentioned above, you need to choose a strong password consisting of 12-16 characters. The password should include numbers, alphabets (both in small and in capital letters) and at least one special character. Just use any random things for your account’s password, as those will be next to impossible to guess.
- Use a password manager: Where having a different password for each of your email accounts will be beneficial for you, but remembering those passwords could be an arduous task. So, in order to make sure that you have all the passwords when you need them, you can make use of a password manager, which will manage all your passwords in the right way.
- Change security questions: If you lose access to your Roadrunner email account as a result of entering a wrong password, then you will have to reset the password by answering the security question. Just like the password, you should change the security question on a bi-weekly basis. Select those security questions that only you know answers for.
Two-way authentication: Just like how we use two-way authentication for all the transactions that we do online, we need to do the same while accessing RR email account. In this, you will receive an OTP to your mobile number that you have linked with your RR email account.