Email Alias is a concept that many email users are not aware of. Email alias is not a widely popular concept like email client, but that doesn’t mean nobody uses it. There is a significant number of email users who know what email alias is and how to use it to their own benefits. So, if you too are eager in knowing as to what it is, then keep your eyeballs on the blog post until the end.
An email alias is an email address that you can forward to your contacts. Let me give you an example so that you understand this concept easily; suppose you have an email address, i.e., ‘[email protected]’, and you want to create another email ID, i.e., ‘[email protected]’ because you think this email will help your contacts know as to who has sent them a message.
Then, creating an email alias would perhaps be the best option for you. Working of an email alias is similar to that of call diversion, but there are slight differences, which I’ll be discussing with you. But, there is one important thing to keep in mind while setting up an email alias that your email provider should have this option.
For example, if you are using RR Mail, then you need to check whether this particular email service has the facility where you can create an email alias or not. By creating an email alias, you will be able to receive emails on the ID that you’ve chosen for the same.
But, you still have to configure your email account in order to channel the messages into your inbox.
The following steps are for Time Warner Cable Email Login, so if you are using TWC email, then these steps will help you configure the email account of that brand. But, you can use it for other email services as well, as there aren’t much difference in the configuration process.
- Log into your www RR Com Login mail.
- Click ‘Options’ button followed by ‘more options’.
- You will have to click an option named ‘customizing Roadrunner email’ after which, you need to click ‘rules for sorting new emails’. When you click this option, you will find a way to sort new emails that you receive in the inbox.
- You need to disable the option that says ‘allow new emails to go into its own folder’.
Use your own identity to direct a reply-to email address
If you receive an email on your email alias, and you want to respond through your email alias instead of your primary email, then you can use Thunderbird identity functionality:
- Go to ‘Thunderbird account settings’, and then, click your primary email account’.
- Click ‘manage identities’ option and then, click ‘add’.
- Type in a name that you want to associate with alias mail account.
- Once you’ve added the name, enter email alias address in ‘email address’ and ‘reply-to’ address.
- Open different tabs to check settings. If you want, you can configure many other options as well such as encryption, location of emails and reply quoting, etc.
- Click ‘Ok’ and then again, click ‘Ok’ to complete the process.
How to store messages in different folders of email alias?
It is possible for you to create a separate folder rather than using a standard inbox. Here is how you can create one:
- Select ‘File’, then ‘new’ followed by the ‘folder’ in which you want your messages to be stored.
- You can name your folder anything of your choice.
- Go to ‘Thunderbird’ and then, select a message from TWC Email Login mail that you think has not been sent to email alias. Then, click ‘message’ option followed by ‘create filter’.
- In the ‘filter dialog box’ enter a name for the filter. Also, make sure to configure it so that you can apply it when you have to check any email or run the option manually. You can configure the filter to change ‘To become alias email address’.
- There is an option named ‘move emails to’ in which you can select the earlier created folder.
You will now find all your emails stored in this new folder that you’ve created a short time ago.