Are you using an iPhone 6 or 6S and want to configure Roadrunner email on it? You can certainly configure RR email on these two iPhone models. Millions of people are using iPhone and several of those people are using Roadrunner email as well, which makes it even more important for us to discuss the configuration process of Roadrunner email on iPhone 6 and 6S.
The process is pretty straightforward, but you need to make sure that the steps that are given below need to be followed in the same way in which they are mentioned.
- On your iPhone, you need to open ‘Settings’.
- If you want to quickly launch the settings, then you can open it from ‘flag menu’. This menu can be opened by swiping the screen from the bottom of the phone.
- Now, when you are in the ‘Settings’ menu, you need to open ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’ option.
- Click on ‘Add a new account’ option. If you can’t find this option, then look for ‘Add account’ followed by tapping ‘Others’ in order to add RR email. You will find some email accounts that are already installed in the iPhone such as Outlook, Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo, but Roadrunner email will not be there on the list, so you will have to manually add it.
- Enter your RR email address in the address field.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the password to your email account.
- There will be an option named ‘Auto-Configuration’, which you need to turn off and then, enter the description for your RR email account in the next field.
- The description you add is going to appear in the Roadrunner email window.
- Now, you will have to enter incoming server settings along with selecting ‘POP3’ option.
- Enter your RR email address and its password in the next column.
- Enter ‘pop-server.rr.com’ in the incoming server address.
- Uncheck the ‘Security Type’ option or disable it. As far as entering the value in port number is concerned, enter ‘110’.
- Now, you need to enter values in the ‘Outgoing Server Settings’, which will begin with entering your RR email address and its username. After that, tap ‘Continue’ given at the bottom of the screen.
- In the ‘SMTP server address’ field, enter ‘mobile-smtp.rr.com’.
- You need to disable the security option that you see in the outgoing server field.
- Click ‘OK’ in order to configure RR email account.
- If you want to sync your email account, slide the toggle switch to right side, as doing that will sync RR email account.
- Finally, click ‘Save’ to apply changes.
That was all about configuring your email account on iPhone 6 and 6S. If you come across any issue while configuring your email account, then you need to consult Roadrunner Email Login experts. They will help you with the configuration process in order to allow you to use the email on your iPhone normally.