Are you searching for steps to configure Roadrunner email on Moto 1st generation? If yes, then the search is over. You will soon find the stepwise instructions for the same in this post in upcoming passages. The steps are discussed in simple and easy language so, that you can easily grasp them. Yes, if you find any problem, you can get in touch with the experts.
Important: An internet connection is a must for configuring the Roadrunner email account on Moto 1st generation.
How to add an email account?
- Go to ‘Apps’ from the home screen and click ‘Settings’.
- Here, you will find the ‘Accounts’ section, click on ‘+’ to add a new account.
- Go to an email account.
- Enter the details of your email service provider after entering the username and password.
- You will find the account gets start appearing in the list.
If the email account details are not fetched automatically, you can enter the details manually like username and password. After this start entering all the details asked in coming up fields. The settings normally asked are:
Email settings for the Roadrunner account:
- Launch email app on android smartphone and check if the latest version is available for download or not.
- Enter the email address and password.
- Click ‘Manual setup’.
- Now, select the account type you want to configure either POP or IMAP.
- Enter the email address and password again for POP or IMAP type.
- Over to account settings and start entering the data in the next fields.
Account type: POP or POP3.
Incoming mail address: Rr.com
Incoming port number: 110
Outgoing address for server: SMTP.twc.com
Outgoing port: 587
Inbound and outbound username: Enter a complete email address. For example, [email protected]
Password: Here, the password you have to enter is the same as the one you use to log in from the computer or desktop. Click ‘Yes’ for authentication.
Account type: IMAP
Incoming mail server address: Mail.rr.com.
Incoming server port number: 143.
Outgoing mail server address: Mail.RR.com. Here, don’t forget to enter the outgoing server address with SMTP as a prefix.
Inbound and outbound username: Enter complete email address along with the domain name and symbol. Like for example [email protected].
Password: It is same as that of webmail password.
SMTP requires authentication: Yes.
- Enter the complete email address and password to authenticate all the details.
- Tap ‘Next’.
- Open ‘Account name’ and select the name you want to get appeared on the receiver’s screen when he receives your message.
- Press ‘Ok’ when done.
Your account is now configured successfully on Moto 1st generation. Try sending the test mail from the email app and check if it is received or not.