All those blackberry users who were curious to know the steps for configuring the Roadrunner email on their smartphone will be glad to know that we are going to discuss the complete process of configuring the email through this post. The all-new blackberry phone with Android-powered OS has the capability to meet the demands of users who want to access email on their smartphone.
This smartphone is coming with 4.5 Inches screen and dual cameras for perfect photography or to capture the memorable moments. It is powered with a QUALCOMM snapdragon processor that provides enough speed and performance. You can download any social app like WhatsApp, Facebook and Twitter and even communication apps like Email, Skype and Gtalk.
If you are searching for the steps to configure Roadrunner email on Key2 smartphone, then continue reading the steps given here as under:
Some blackberry Key2 users have already tried to configure the email on their phone, but they failed to accomplish the task. Some of them are getting an error message and some are facing problems in the initial steps itself. So, keeping their issue on priority, we are now going to discuss the steps.
- If the information entered by you is incorrect, you will get the error message on the screen and try entering the email address carefully.
- Account inactive: If this error message appears, then you have not signed-in to the account for the last 2 months. To activate the dead account, you will have to send the request to the administrator from your end.
- Incorrect captcha entered: To log in to the account, an authentication is must which is in the form of ‘Captcha’. The captcha is given in the box which you have to copy as it is. If the captcha entered is incorrect, then try entering it again.
- Authentication void: Change the password to remove this error code.
- No login due to age bar: If you are under 18 and entered the same age in the application form, then you won’t be able to login due to age issues. You can get rid of this error by changing the age in the main sign-up form.
- Enable 2-step verification on your RR email account.
Additional steps for troubleshooting
- Go to the ‘Drop-down’ menu by clicking on ‘Account settings’.
- Click ‘Security’.
- Tap ‘Login password’ change.
- The server will automatically generate password. Set the same password.
- A code for verification will be sent on the phone. Enter the same code to verify identity.
- Run an email account on the key2 smartphone.
- Select ‘Password’ for the authentication type.
- For the maiden time, you will receive OTP just for verification.
- Try sending test mail on your own email address or to other email address and check if it is received or not.