All the iPhone 6 users who are facing problem in using their personal email on their phone can apply the steps to fix the sending and receiving problem of roadrunner email with POP/IMAP account type. There are certain factors that trigger email problems on your mobile but most of the times the issues are due to the email server or network failure. If your mobile is not connected to the network, you will find a problem in incoming and outgoing server connection.
This post is for all those iPhone 6 users who are getting the problem in sending the personal or corporate mails from their phone. If you are one of the target users, then keep reading the content of this page.
One of the important tools every smartphone has within is the Email app. With this app, users can access their inbox in one go and stay up to date with their colleagues. But like other apps, the email app itself is not free from technical glitches, problems are always there in it. Moreover, you will find a lot of complaints linked with email messaging like sending or receiving problem on various websites and forums.
Possible solutions, workarounds, and suggestions
The steps or suggestions we are going to suggest are general and basic troubleshooting procedures which are verified and tested by iPhone 6 users. You can follow the solution without any problem.
- Before starting with the steps, make sure your smartphone is connected to the network either to Wi-Fi or to the cellular connection. To check whether the internet is working or not, open any website from your smartphone.
- Check unsent messages if any in your Outbox folder. After completing the steps, try sending or receiving the mail again on your RR Mail Login email account.
Solutions for those who find a problem in sending the email on their iPhone 6 from the personal email account
Method 1: Verify the email settings on your email app. follow the steps to verify the email settings.
- Open ‘Settings’.
- Click ‘Mail, contacts, and calendars’.
- Click ‘Email accounts’.
- Click on Accounts again if required.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
- From here, go to ‘Outgoing Mail server’ and click on ‘Right-arrow’ next to SMTP server details option.
- Click ‘Right-Arrow’ given next to the right primary server end.
- Enable option ‘SSL’ for both the incoming as well as outgoing server settings.
- Authentication type must be set to ‘Password’.
Don’t forget to check the important server information given here as follows:
- Hostname: This is smtp.server.com
- Username: Your complete email address with @ and domain name
- Server port: The port number for the Roadrunner email can be checked from the website. You must enter the port number for email settings.
- Password: Enter the password twice to confirm your identity.
- If you find the port number is 25, then you will be able to send the email but not able to receive on the network. In such a case, change the port number with an alternative port.
Method 2: Logout of the account from all devices and log in again.
Method 3: Close the mail app and open it again.
Method 4: Remove and re-add the email account.
If after implementing the steps, you are still getting any error code, then note the code and post the same on complaint forum. You will get a reply from the experts.