In this digital era, everyone tries to access the mail from their laptop or phone, so it needs proper setup of email on app or web browser. If you want to set up email on Mac OS X, then you can follow the same steps mentioned in the blog post.
Mac OS is getting updated these days and is offering much more to its users. The basic idea is to provide complete satisfaction and cater to the demands of the existing customer. If you are using RR Login Email on your smartphone and want to configure it on your Mac OS X, then follow the steps mentioned here as under.
- Open ‘Mail’ app from the home screen of MacBook.
- Click on ‘Preferences’ followed by ‘Add a new account’.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon from the screen and start adding Roadrunner email with the steps given on screen.
- If you don’t find the ‘Roadrunner’ on the screen, then add it manually with the name of the service provider in the first column.
- Enter the email address and password for your RR Email account.
- Click ‘next’ to go to the next step. You need to select the account type. Enter ‘IMAP’ or ‘POP’ for an account.
- Enter server details in the next couple of boxes.
POP settings for the RR email account:
- The account should be ‘POP3’.
- Incoming mail address: RR.mail.com
- Outgoing mail address: Mail.RR.com
- Port number for incoming as well as for outgoing servers are 587 and 995.
- If you want to enter the server names, then add them manually.
- Password: The password should be the same as that of the login account.
- SMTP: Click to confirm SMTP authentication for outgoing server.
IMAP account type:
- Account type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server address: It is the same as the one used for POP3 type.
- Incoming mail port: 993
- Outgoing port: It is 587.
- Username: It is an email address for incoming as well as for outgoing server.
- SMTP Authentication: Click ‘Yes’ to continue.
- Before going to further steps, click on ‘Take me to the account’ tour.
- Click to sign-up for an account.
- You will find an envelope icon on the top of the screen. Click to start reading the email.
- If you want to alter any settings, click on ‘Preferences’ from the main menu.
- Enter the email address for verification purpose followed by ‘POP or IMAP server’ menu. If you want to remove any settings, then click to do it directly. Don’t forget to take backup of data online before deleting anything. If you are using SMTP, then change the settings from the ‘Preferences’ menu.
- Change the settings from the next page opened on the screen. You need to check the settings prior to changing the values. The process of changing the values is simple and easy to implement.
- To enable or disable SMTP authentication, click on ‘Advance’ options from the ‘Authentication’ page.
Once completed, click ‘Done’ to finish the process. You can now try sending the mail to your secondary email address.