After configuring the email, you can start using the Roadrunner email on a Dell computer. If you are new to email on Dell computer, then you can follow the steps in the same order.
To start with the setup process, your Dell computer must be connected to the internet. Apart from this, you need to have a valid email address and password on RR Email service provider. If you don’t have an email account on the TWC communications, then you won’t be able to login to it from Dell computer.
Now, the steps to configure the Roadrunner email on Dell computers are discussed here as follows:
Start with Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is a part of the office suite. You can configure multiple accounts on Microsoft outlook with valid email address and password. To start with the process, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Outlook.
- Go to ‘File menu’ and click on ‘Info’.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- From ‘Drop-down’ menu, click on ‘Settings’.
- Tap the ‘Email’ option and click on ‘New mail’ option.
- Enter into settings of your email and click on ‘Additional email servers’.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Over to ‘Internet mail’ followed by ‘Next’.
- Select the account type to ‘IMAP’ or ‘POP3’. You can select any one out of the two.
- Start configuring your email account. You can configure it automatically or manually depending on the preferences.
Following steps are to be performed for configuring the Roadrunner email account automatically.
- Enter email address and username in the respective field.
- Enter server details in the ‘Server field’. In the server address, enter email address followed by server address that must be separated by @ symbol.
- Enter the password in the next field.
- Re-enter it to confirm. Tap ‘Next’ to go to the next window. This will initiate the setup process. Outlook will configure the account after this and that too automatically.
- After the account gets configured, you will find ‘Successfully configured’ message on the screen.
- Click to finish the setup process. Close the window from Dell computer.
How to setup account manually?
- Go to manually configure email settings.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Open net mail and go to ‘Personal details’ to enter the details in the field like name, address and payment options.
- Enter server information in the text fields.
- Click to select the account type.
- Enter server address and port number for incoming server details.
- Enter outgoing server address in the next window followed by a port number.
- Tap ‘Other’ to enter the details of the Roadrunner email account.
- Enter the username and password for login to the account.
- If you want to remember the login details for the next login, then click on ‘Remember login’ option. You don’t need to enter the username or password again for login.
- Click on ‘Test email settings’. This will check the settings and let you know if there is a need to change any settings or not.
- All the details you have configured so far in the account will be displayed on the screen. No matter how long these are, all will be displayed on the screen. If you want to display on Outlook, then make Outlook a default program for Roadrunner email.
- Click to end the setup process.