If you are using the IMAP or POP settings simultaneously on two devices for the same account, then you will get the error message on the mobile screen which says ‘Unable to send or receive messages’. You will find ‘Access denied message’ due to mail running on more than one client. In order to overcome these errors, you must set IMAP ‘account type’ for your RR Mail Login account. If you don’t know much about IMAP or POP settings, then you can go through the same from the online links.
To start reading mails from your newly purchased Samsung S10 phone, you need a proper setup of email on it. Without configuring the mail, you can’t compose and read any new mail received in the inbox folder of your account. Here, we are talking about RR Mail that is believed to be the best email service in the U.S. People use this mail for personal as well as for business purpose.
To configure the email, an internet connection is a must on a smartphone because your phone will get connected to the Roadrunner email servers for verification purpose and for synchronization. You can also connect your smartphone to the wireless network available at home. To connect the smartphone S10 to the network, follow the below mentioned steps.
- Open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Wireless’ network.
- The Wi-Fi should be on.
- To connect your device to the home network, click on the ‘Scan’ option. You will find the SSID of your network in the list.
- Click on the SSID and enter the password to connect to it.
- If you are successfully connected, then you will find ‘connected’ message on the screen and Wi-Fi icon will be displayed on the top.
Note: Check that you are using the latest version of OS in your smartphone. If you have downloaded the previous version of roadrunner email, then nothing to worry. You can download the latest over the wireless network.
Configuring the Roadrunner email
- Open settings and click on the ‘Apps’ icon.
- Go to ‘Email’ and add a new account in it.
- If you find the Roadrunner in the email service provider list, then click on it otherwise add it manually.
- Enter the email address and username in the first two fields.
- Enter the password in the next field.
- You are now asked to select the account type whether POP or IMAP.
- When asked to enter the email settings, enter one by one carefully.
- Click ‘Sign-in’.
- Read on-screen instructions to enter the settings for the first time. After this, you don’t need to enter the same settings again and again.
- Click ‘Done’ once completed.
Email settings for Roadrunner email account
- Username: Enter email address in this field.
- Password: The same you use to login to the account from a computer.
- SSL: It must be enabled for SMTP and IMAP.
- Protocol: IMAP
- Port: 587
- outgoing mail: mobile.RR.net
- Port: 993