To start with the email setup on Dell computer, an internet connection is must on it. Along with this, you just need to have a valid email address and password for your Roadrunner email account. If you have not created the account yet, then first configure Roadrunner email account with your subscription ID, then move further.
From last few months, we have been receiving requests from users regarding the process for configuring Roadrunner email on Dell computer. Today, keeping their requests on priority, we are going to discuss the steps to configure the same.
Setup using Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is a part of Microsoft office suite. On this platform, you can get complete information about your account via internet. To set up the account, follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Launch Outlook.
- Open ‘File menu’ and click on ‘Info’.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Open ‘Drop-down’ menu from the Settings option.
- Go to ‘Email’ tab and click on ‘Email New’ option.
- Enter the settings for your email account manually and click on ‘Additional email servers’.
- Tap ‘Next’.
- Click on ‘Internet mail’ then next.
- From here, you need to select the account type either ‘IMAP’ or POP3.
- Configure your Roadrunner Webmail account. To configure, you can either select a manual or automatic method.
Follow the steps mentioned here as under to configure the RR account automatically.
- Enter the complete email address and username in the first two fields.
- Enter server details in the ‘Server field’. Your email address and the internet service provider is the server address separated by @symbol.
- Enter the password in the next column.
- Re-enter the password and click ‘Next’ to go to the next step. This will start the setup process. Outlook will configure the account automatically.
- Once the account gets configured, you will find ‘Successfully configured’ message on the screen.
- Click to finish the setup process. Now close the dialog box.
To set up the account manually
- Go to ‘Manually configure email’ settings.
- Go to ‘Next’.
- Open ‘Internet email’ then go to ‘personal details’ to enter the details related to the account.
- Enter server information in the next couple of fields.
- Tap to enter the account type.
- Enter incoming server address and port number.
- Enter outgoing SMTP server address followed by a respective port number.
- Click ‘Other’ to enter RR email in the name of the email service provider.
- Enter username and password for login authentication.
- If you want your internet service provider to remember the details, then click on ‘Remember password’.
- Open ‘Test email settings’. This will verify the settings stepwise and let you know if any problem exists. All details related to the SMTP server, POP3 server and port numbers will be verified.
- A text message related to the email settings you have recently configured will be displayed on the screen. You can save these settings. If the account is configured on the outlook, then the settings will be set by default on the system.
- If you want to make any additional changes, then go to ‘More’ followed by ‘Internet email settings’ option.
- Click to finish the setup process.
You can now start sending emails to your friends or colleagues from your Dell computer without any problem.