You can follow the steps to set up RR email on your smartphone and begin using your email account on the phone itself. The setting up process is lengthy but quite simple. You don’t have to be great at technology in order to understand the steps.
Setting up Roadrunner Webmail on the phone is one of the most common queries that people search for on search engines. There is an entire process that you will have to follow in order to set up RR email on your smartphone. If you are not familiar with the process, then don’t worry because, by the end of this post, you will be running RR email on your smartphone.
Note: It is advised to use a Wi-Fi connection while setting up RR email account on your smartphone.
Without any further ado, let us now discuss the steps to set up RR Com Login on a smartphone:
- On your smartphone, open applications tray and then, tap ‘my accounts’.
- In ‘my accounts’, you need to select ‘add accounts’.
- You are now in the ‘set-up accounts’ menu where you will see a number of social network icons.
- You need to select ‘email’ icon.
- Type your full RR com mail email address in lower case.
- Enter the password for your RR email.
- Check the box corresponding to ‘automatically configured account’.
- Tap ‘Next’, and you will find your phone getting connected to your email server along with a ‘success’ message.
Your RR email is now set up, and you can test the set up by sending a test mail from your other email ID. Or, send an email ID from Roadrunner email.
If you want to manually set up Roadrunner email using POP3 settings, then here are the steps that you need to follow:
Roadrunner email has several POP3 server names depending on the location you are residing in. It is possible for you to determine your POP3 server name from your RR com email address. For example, if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, then it means that you are located in Tampa Bay, Florida. Your POP3 server is server.tampabay.rr.com and SMTP server is smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com. Similarly, if you are located in New York, then just replace Tampa Bay with New York.
Here is how you can manually set up Time Warner Cable powered Roadrunner email.
- On your smartphone, open ‘applications tray’ and then, tap ‘my accounts’.
- Select ‘add account’.
- Type your RR email address in the lower case.
- Type the password for your RR email address.
- There is an option named ‘automatically configure account’ that you need to uncheck.
- Tap ‘next’, then ‘General settings’, and after that, you need to check whether the information in general settings fields are correct or not. If there are any changes to make, then you should make those and then, click ‘OK’.
- Tap ‘incoming server’ option and then, ‘POP mail server’.
- Type ‘POP3 server’, but make sure to add your city name like this, pop-server.ny.rr.com.
- In Port, type ‘110’. If 110 doesn’t work, then enter ‘995’.
- Enter your username, which is your RR email ID.
- Enter the password for your RR email account.
- There is an option named ‘use secure server’, which you need to uncheck.
- You need to uncheck the option named ‘verify certificate’, and then, tap ‘OK’.
- Select ‘outgoing server’ now and enter ‘smtp-server.ny.rr.com in the SMTP server.
- Uncheck the option named ‘use secure server’.
- Uncheck the option named ‘verify certificate’.
- In Port, type ‘25’ or ‘587’.
- Tap ‘Ok’ and then, ‘other settings’.
- You can choose the length of time you want messages to be kept on your smartphone.
- Tap ‘Ok’ a couple of times to finish the setup process.
Your RR email has now been set up on your smartphone. You can send, receive and read emails without any trouble.