Mail issues on windows screen are very common and can be distracting one if one doesn’t take it seriously. Your email experience can be affected by the error message. In order to enjoy the seamless emailing experience, you must remove all the errors pertaining to screen as early as possible. The outdated email settings error can be resolved through steps given on the page.
If you have recently updated the email app on your Windows 10 computer, then there are chances that you will encounter the email issue. This is normal and has been reported by so many users on their RR Email Login account. If you among those who are facing the problem, then nothing to worry, you can fix through simple steps.
After updating the app, when you try to access the email app, you will find an error message on the outlook screen. Here, you are left with two options either to leave the message as it is or removes the message through the fix. If you click on ‘Fix’, you will find the dark window appearing on the computer screen.
There are some errors that need utmost attention and can only be resolved through expert advice. If you are trying to solve on your own, then you may end up with no results. So, it is better to read the steps, then move forward with the same on your device.
To start with the steps, first of all, check the location where files are stored in the mail app. You can check this from the ‘C’ drive of your computer. Here you will find local data folder. Click on this folder and delete it immediately. Before deleting it, don’t forget to take backup of the folder as some necessary files may be stored in it. If you want to take backup online, then send the files to cloud storage.
How to solve the problem?
- Open ‘Start menu’ and click on ‘PowerShell’. You need to run the PowerShell as admin.
- Uninstall the updated app and calendar app. Now, click on ‘Get app package’ option in the run window. You need to enter ‘eq-microsoft.windowscommunicationsapp’ as it is in the command window and remove all components related to it.
- Once you have done with this, click ‘Restart’.
- Now, delete all the files from the computer. This folder may not be new but contains all files that are previously stored related to email. Open a command window and enter ‘Home/app data/local/com.
- Install the same app from the windows app store. You can get the app by directly searching through the search window. Enter the keywords for it.
After completing all the steps, open the Roadrunner email account and configure it again. Now, you will be able to remove the message from the screen. If you are still getting any problem or find ‘Outdated settings’ message on the screen, then you can ask experts. They know quick tricks and tips to solve every single problem.