There is a small number of users who are getting the problem in sending the mail from Roadrunner email configured on a Blackberry smartphone. This might be due to the reason that they have configured a false or wrong SMTP server. Let’s find out the reason and concrete solution to this issue.
Blackberry phones are famous for email. What we are trying to say is that if you are a business person, then you might be preferring Blackberry phone due to its ease in operating the mail and easy reply option. You can access the email account on Blackberry smartphone just like you are surfing from a computer browser. It has good user-interface and easy operation. However, some users are facing problem in accessing the TWC Account due to SMTP error. They are getting the problem, particularly when trying to send the mail.
Blackberry users want to know the solution as their whole business is getting affected and they are not being able to reply to the important mails. Now, we are going to discuss steps to fix SMTP problem. Read all the steps carefully.
- You need to delete the SMTP based email account. You will find this option under Settings from Accounts.
- Re-add your mail account. When you are prompted to enter the email address, go to ‘Advanced setup’.
- From the advanced setup, enter the email address and select POP type account instead of SMTP type.
- Rest of the settings will remain as it is. You don’t need to alter any settings on your own until you are told to do so.
- The account setup process may take some time. You need to be patient. Log in to the account from Blackberry phone and try sending the mail.
- To confirm, send the same mail to more than one email address and check if it is received or not.
This will make it clear that the problem was with settings. Apart from this, there are certain things that need to be kept in mind.
- Is your email a hosted mail?
- Any SSL security being used on the account?
- Authenticated SMTP on Blackberry smartphone?
The solution to all these questions is different. Depending on the type of problem you are facing, you can check the solution accordingly on the link. If you are not using the SSL security on your account, then your account port may be blocked or the port number used by you is incorrect. In general, the incoming port for SMTP type server is 587. Yet, some people are facing problem but some are not. You can try entering 25 in the port number in place of 587. This can solve the problem.
The problem with the SMTP on email can be solved either through above mentioned tricks or by contacting email support team. So, if you find that the problem is still at large even after implementing the steps, then you can contact Roadrunner mail support team. They are technically experienced and have knowledge of each and every technical glitch. You can ask your query from them without any hesitation.