Updating OS on the smartphone is a common practice. If you are using Apple iPhone, then you must install the update as it comes thinking it would make way for new features on your phone. But, what if the update you install makes other things stop on your phone? It is hard to believe but iPhone users who are using Roadrunner email are facing issues. Let us take a look as to what the issue is and what can be done to fix it.
Those who have updated the iOS version on their 10.1 or 10.2 are not being able to access their RR email. When they open the inbox of their RR email, they get the same message again and again on the screen, which is quite annoying.
Let us get into the details as to what problems are those users facing. This will give everybody a better idea regarding how to fix those problems as well.
Problem 1: No new email received in TWC Account and wrong password error is being displayed on the phone’s screen.
Some iPhone users are facing a unique problem after updating the OS of their iPhones. Users further told that they aren’t getting emails in their inbox after the update and on top of that, they are getting another annoying message, i.e., ‘Wrong Message’ in the inbox of TWC email account. To fix these two problems, here is what they’ll have to do:
- Go to the email app from ‘Settings’ option.
- Go to the account where the problem lies, which in this case is ‘RR email’.
- Log out from your RR email account.
- Now, you need to go to ‘add account’ section followed by entering your login credentials to get into your RR email. With this, the problem is going to be solved.
Problem 2: Seeing the blank screen after opening the email app
Some users have by mistake added apostrophe symbol in their RR email, which has created the issue. If you too have added an apostrophe in your email address, then you will have to wait and watch until Apple fixes this issue. Till then, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- You will have to delete the faulty account from the email app followed by adding another account.
- Now, delete all the inbox that are larger than 6 MB. I am assuming here that you know how to delete your email.
- You will have to soft reset your device by long pressing the power and home button at the same time.
- It’s time to back up all the data on your PC by connecting your iPhone to the PC. Restore all the data after resetting and then, attempt to log into your TWC email. The problem will solve with these steps, but if that doesn’t happen, then you will have to perform a hard reset.
With that, the troubleshooting process gets finished, so now, you can begin using your RR email on iPhone in the same way as you were before.