If you are on this page, then you are definitely getting the problem with the SMTP servers of your Roadrunner email account. Don’t worry, we will let you know the solution through this page. You don’t find any need to take support from a third party website.
Some users in reply to the other users said that they are getting the Email errors when trying to access Email outside TWC network. One of the users in the comment mentioned that he has got the problem when he tried to log in from outside the U.S. He finds ‘SMTP server error’ message on the screen. Another user said, he is getting the problem when trying to sign-in from email client programs like Apple mail and outlook.
Keeping those precious comments in mind, we have come up with some concrete solutions that will definitely eradicate the problem. Before continuing further, you need to review the policy of RR Email Login. The best action that can be taken to fix this problem is; change the additional settings of your mail outside the TWC network. After this, you will easily send and receive the mail on your device.
The problem is not concerned with the incoming mail but it is actually inside the SMTP. The steps to eradicate and fix the problem are:
- You need to set the server settings according to the current location. You must add the location of the server in the address.
- Now check whether the server settings are strictly according to the current location or not. If not, then you must match the settings manually from ‘Advanced email’ settings link.
- Click on the box which says, ‘Password authentication’ required.
- Enter the complete email address in the server address field or in the username field.
- If you are entering the incoming settings, then enter the only first part of email address.
- The password is to be entered in the next field. It must match with the login password.
- Port number that is to be entered is 587. It is otherwise set by default.
- Using these settings will eradicate the problem.
- Restart the mail app after backing up the data.
Note: Using the above-mentioned settings may stop your outgoing mail server for some time. It is fact that may sound bizarre. So, be ready to face this problem.
Some of the infuriated users have even switched from RR mail to Gmail.com. They have now started receiving all the new emails in their Gmail inbox and everything is working flawlessly. This is otherwise a good solution but is not recommended by the TWC team.
So, we will conclude with the fact that if you are getting the problem in using the RR mail, then either change the settings of the outgoing server or change your email account from RR mail to Gmail. Yes, if you are using the RR mail for business purpose, then this solution will definitely disappoint you. Another thing to discuss here is that if you are using RR email service for a business account, then it is wiser to switch the account to another platform as some uncertainty always prevails.